MASL Services and Benefits
- Savings on conference registration
- Presentation of the Mae I. Graham Award
- Professional development and networking opportunities to improve your skills and leadership abilities
- Liaisons with federal and state legislatures
- Coordination of the Maryland Black-Eyed Susan Book Awards
- Online Services - access our Web site at: http://www.maslmd.org and stay current on MASL events
- Affiliations with the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) and the Association for Education Communications and Technology (AECT)
MASL Membership Categories
Membership runs November 1 through October 31.
Regular/Active Member - For persons working in a professional position directly related to library, library media or information services. This includes practicing librarians, library media specialists, library media administrators, computer/technology coordinators, professors, associate professors and instructors at higher education institutions in library, library media, information sciences and/or technology related departments.
Life Member - Open to those in the regular/active membership category - one time fee, continuous renewal for the life of the member.
Retired Member - Open to those "retired" who continue to have an interest in the Organization.
Associate Member - This membership is open to all those associated with the daily operation or administration of library or library media programs, but are not in the regular member category. This includes, but is not limited to, library media assistants, technicians, secretaries, clerks, graphic artists, production specialists, principals, subject area supervisors, subject area teachers, classroom teachers, directors, associate superintendents, assistant superintendents, superintendents, and/or boards of education members. This is a non-voting and non-office holding membership.
Corporate Member - This category should be used by those individuals representing companies or corporations. This membership includes two membership cards and a 10% discount on exhibit fees
Student Member - This membership is appropriate for those enrolled in six-hours or more in library, library media or information science courses and not employed as a librarian or library media specialist. This is a non-voting and non-office holding membership.
These categories are covered in the MASL By-laws under Article III, Section 1, A-E.